Friday, October 10, 2014

Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers - New York, NY

Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers - New York, NY

(Like The Indie Bob Spot on Facebook and follow The Indie Bob Spot on Twitter)

Before you read any further, understand that this is NOT a post about an independent bookstore.  Black Dog & Leventhal is a publisher located in lower Manhattan of NYC on the 12th floor of the Dezer Building.  Even though it is not a bookstore, they are partially responsible for my journey because they published My Bookstore, by Ron Rice.  Because of this, I felt compelled to pay them a visit just like a bookstore and have them sign my copy of My Bookstore.

Not sure I would've got my foot in the door without Ron Rice's help so am grateful to him for that.  I had the good fortune of meeting Becky K. who was very involved with the publication of My Bookstore.  This place has one thing in common with my many bookstore visits.  The kindness, courtesy, and enthusiasm of Becky was no different than those same qualities extended to me by the many bookstore owners and staffers I've visited.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.  Traveling the country and seeing so many sights, all the bookstores, and the many wonderful people I've met.  This visit was one more step in the journey.  And now I've met the person and publishing company that helped launch my journey and my project.  Definitely blessed.  Thanks Becky.  Go to an indie and buy a book.  Bonsoir.

CURRENTLY READING:  The Daughters Of Mars, Thomas Keneally.  So far so good.

Just off the elevator and looking into the offices of Black Dog & Leventhal.  

Hey, it's just like a bookstore with great places to sit.  

Here's my guidebook, poster sized.  I was so excited to be here I must've been shaking when I took the picture!

Office area and work space.  


Hey, they have books here too.

With Becky K. who was instrumental working behind the scenes on My Bookstore, the launching pad to my journey.  Thanks for a great visit, Becky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment